Saturday, June 5, 2010

What a terrible blogger I am. I should post more often. I should take more pictures.

First Friday. It was an experimental excursion in people watching. Hipsters and angsty goth kids milled around looking detached. Where are all these alternative people during the daylight hours of the rest of the month? I only see the suburbanites and the occasional fat elvis.

later we left the arts district for fremont street, which can only be appreciated ironically, drunkenly, or both. The scene was saddening. Middle aged men ogled aging go-go dancers. Another old man with suspect hygiene cut me in line at Walgreen's because he desperately needed menthols and a lighter. A paltry 70's cover band on the street churned out a paltry version of 'Reelin in the years'
I think my friend Rhyanne summed up the evening best, "God, this town really was built on losers"

No comments:

Post a Comment