Thursday, July 1, 2010

Found objects

I found this guy stuck to one of the bathroom stalls at work. Normally the abundance of stickers on the stalls annoys me, but not him (or her, it kind of looks like a lady bear.) I would assume a child stuck it there, but I found it at the very top of the door, which is about five feet up. I think I might stick it somewhere else unexpected for a passerby to find.


I don't know if this counts as a found object. With determination someone coyly slid it inside a copy of When You Are Engulfed in Flames in a Las Vegas Barnes & Noble. It almost seems that the poem stumbled across me in the bargain books section, instead of the other way around. Unlike the sticker above, I don't think I'll ever pass it along. The poem hit me too hard (the way some poems often do) for me to let go. But I wish I had something equally stirring to leave in another book. I want to join the ranks and fight along side these guerilla operatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment